Monday, April 9, 2012

two in one day??

I, the perpetually infrequent blogger, am attempting something new -- TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY!  I know, I know, it's unthinkable, right?  :)

I took about 30 minutes to do some yardwork today, and the sunlight, fresh air, and green things growing always makes me contemplate the deeper things in life.  You know, the things that don't revolve around diapers and sippy cups and little league baseball or junior rodeo.  The things that existed before I became what I am today -- a mommy.

Those things are so far removed from me most days that I forget they are even there.  Some of them are good, some are great, and some downright stink, but they all come together to paint the picture of me, Stacey Marie.

Here is one bad thing that I want to make a conscious effort to change:

I am not a strong finisher.  I rarely start a project and see it through until its completion.  In fact, I tend to do just the opposite.  I start strong, go hard, and fizzle out just before it's all the way done.  I do this in most every area of my life!  With laundry, I start it, dry it, fold it...  start some more, dry some more, fold some more.  Start some more, dry some more...  Then somehow something else has my attention and I inevitably leave a wet load in the wash, a dry and wrinkling load in the dryer, and myriads of folded laundry stashed on top of the dryer, in baskets, on my couch, or in my window seat.

When I cook, I shop, chop, steam, broil, bake, serve, and eat.  I rarely clear the table and clean the whole kitchen after the meal.  I *WANT* it to be done, and I believe it's how it should be done, but I don't do it.  I just let it stress me out that it's not done.

When I start a yard project, I do just that.  I start it.  I start closet projects.  I start remodeling projects.  I start scrapbooks.  I start diets.  I start exercise plans.  I start bible studies.  I start mommy groups.

I want to be a finisher.  I will work on this.

And to balance out the thought process, one great thing about me that I want to make sure stays around forever is my positive outlook on life.  I am constantly looking for the silver lining and make certain that whatever happens in my life that doesn't take me down builds me up.  I like living this way -- otherwise, I'd be so defeated, bitter, and angry at the cards life has dealt me that I'd die lonely and alone.  I like being positive, uplifting, strong and happy.  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment